Plate Wall Love

Tuesday, August 16, 2011
I recently helped my brother and sister-in-law decorate their living/dining room in their very first house! Lucky for me, I was given a blank canvas to work with and was given FULL permission to choose the design concept!  With all of the plate walls I have been seeing around, I knew it was a MUST in their dining area.

Here is a look at how their plate wall turned out.
  


Sources:
Plate Hangers: Pier1
Dining Chair:  Pottery Barn



How about a plate wall in a nursery?  
Check out these inspiring nursery photos I stumbled across...

image from March with a K


Another fun way to add patten and texture to a bare nursery wall  (that is very Plate Wall-esque) is with these needlepoint circles filled with fun coordinating fabrics.  Click HERE for an easy step-by step tutorial by the Purl bee.
[kate+wall+1.jpg]


Creating the plate wall for my brother and sister-in law has inspired me to create my own.  I have started collecting plates....(I have 2 so far, ha.)  I am looking to create a more random and organically shaped wall design, similar to the one seen below.

image from here




With whimsy~


1 comments:

Laura B said...

Love the colors in J+E's room! Robin's done cute plate walls too... y'all should compare notes. <3

Post a Comment